Tuesday 10 March 2015

Week 23, Year 2: A Little Ray of Sunshine.

I've been working on atmosphere and effects this week. Specifically fog and crepuscular rays (god rays). Fortunately there are a couple of great examples, but it was still quite a challenge.

I made it though. And they work! I'm rather proud of them.


Shimmering sun rays and floaty fog!

It was difficult, but I enjoyed myself. Last week, I was finding a lot of the engine work quite a chore because it felt totally technical and...'Non-arty'? - Let me know if you can think of a better word for that. This week however, I felt significantly better about the work I was doing and it was much more rewarding.

New features create new problems however, and the latest one is; Clouds, we need some. I've no idea where to start with this one. I've done some googling and came across trueSky but I'm not sure if that's allowed or not. I'll have to figure it out one way or another, it's pretty crucial to the final part of our level!

Peckwater Quad block out.
I did a lot of personal work this week as well, but once again it seems I've started too many large projects and long paintings. I know I really shouldn't, and it's really bad for my productivity, but the temptation to start a new project is hard to resist. Especially when I'm not fully engaged with what I'm working on at uni. I'm pretty sure it's an addiction.

But I'll stop it and do some reasonably scoped personal projects. When the ones I've started are finished. Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment